Monday, June 05, 2006

Vintage shopping

Sounds sort of glamorous, doesn't it? Well, it wasn't particularly. MG had a city-wide yard sale on Saturday, and I spent the morning rummaging through piles of other people's junk and clothes. It was wonderful. I now own:

1 pair of red gloves
8 Asian-inspired rice bowls (I think), two of which are faux blue willow
Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury
1 book of O. Henry's short stories
4 mini Van Gogh paintings
The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel
1 Royal Quiet Deluxe typewriter -- I think it's from the mid-40s to the 50s

Much more exciting things happened this weekend as well, but I don't have time to blog about them right now. More to come ...

1 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Blogger Fieldfleur said...

Ah I missed it. Mom as all astir about it as it's one of her fave weekends. :)

Sounds like you're having summer fun!

T

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!