I just wanted to say that I recently discovered George Herbert, and he's amazing. The seventeeth-century language is a bit thick at times, but I don't really mind, because I connect so well with the topics.
That is all. Continue on with your work.
Piecing myself together
I just wanted to say that I recently discovered George Herbert, and he's amazing. The seventeeth-century language is a bit thick at times, but I don't really mind, because I connect so well with the topics.
| adopt your own virtual pet! |
1 Comments:
I remember reading Love (III) and Easter-Wings in college. They talked so much about our depravity and His hope. I felt depraved, I needed hope. His poems really hit home.
I tried to white string crochet the first stanza of Easter-Wings when I was pregnant with my daughter. I think I have one line left. I find it every once in a while and think, "George!" :)
Good stuff. How fun.
T
Post a Comment
<< Home