Monday, April 03, 2006

Mmmm ...


Note: Claire, you don't want to read this post. Trust me.

I love chocolate. I can't resist it, and I go for the richest, darkest possible whenever I can. Right now, I am trying to convince myself not to eat the chocolate cupcake that is here in my room. This is no ordinary, store-bought cupcake, either. My mom baked them for me yesterday after I picked out the recipe. "The Heart of Darkness Chocolate Cake." How could I let that opportunity pass me by? There is a full pound of chocolate and half cup of cocoa powder in the recipe. It's basically a brownie with a truffle in the center. Amazing, especially since the truffles are made with dark chocolate. If only I hadn't eaten one of these earlier ...

Edit: This is a good day for me. In addition to chocolate, I was just given a beautiful red journal. Three of my favorite things in one day -- chocolate, red, and something to write in. Yay! I hope it continues this way. I also removed the temptation from my room by giving the delicious cupcake to the friend who gave me the journal. I love giving away things at times when conventional wisdom says I should be getting them. I did the same thing at graduation.

5 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Blogger GrumpyTeacher1 said...

Well I'm really jealous.

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Claire Elizabeth said...

So, I pretty much hate you. :) Easter is going to be the best day ever . . .

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Lucindyl said...

So, are we to understand that the third of April was your birthday?

???

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Hmmm...the candles didn't give it away? Yes, yesterday was my birthday. I feel old now. I'm not a teenager anymore.

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger Lucindyl said...

Happy Birthday!!!!! Celebrate for a week, at least!

(Great Scott says you're in trouble for not telling us all sooner. ;) )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!