Quick question
Has anyone read any of George MacDonald's books? Specifically, his children's books? I know, kind of random, but I just came across a copy in a used bookstore, and it's a really pretty copy. Not mint condition, but it has beautiful illustrations.

7 Comments:
YES!!!! I have a bunch, some more modern edited versions (he was verbose in the most Victorian sense, often) and some unedited. His children's books and fairy tales are superb!!! Did you buy this little treasure, may I ask?
I've read one fairly tale book of his and it threw me into such a fantastical torrent that I had to put him on my banned book list.
:)
T
Yes, I did buy it. I'd heard only good things about him, so I decided to spend a few more dollars. I had to buy a couple of other books, anyway. What's one more, right? :)
Which one is it? Whassit's name?
It's The Princess and the Goblin.
I just referenced that in my journal entry this morning. :)
Oh, GOOD book. I've also recently read _At the Back of the North Wind_. It's beautiful. It's definitely apparent why Lewis cited McDonald as one of his biggest influences. Beautiful fiction.
Post a Comment
<< Home