Friday, October 27, 2006

I am trying so hard to be positive. If nothing else, I want to appear positive, not let my stress seep into my actions. Unfortunately, I am not able to hide my emotions. I can keep secrets and thoughts locked away, but my face will always be a dead giveaway of what I'm feeling. Life is tense right now. I have a photo crit due on Friday, but I still have no images that I can use. (The one roll of film I have managed to develop properly doesn't have any images that are good enough.) The Thursday after that I have a 2,500 word essay due, but I can't find examples of British writing style, even though the teacher told me to look up examples online. They're just not there. That same day I have a 1 1/2 to 2 min film due. The next two weeks will be spent creating a soundtrack and editing. The thought makes me slightly nauseous; I've gotten so involved with the film that I want nothing more to do with it.

I can't relax. I can't sleep. I can't write.

I hate that I can't look on the bright side of things. God's done so much for me in this last month and a half, but I can't seem to think about that. I've grown so much, but somehow things feel exactly the same.

I have two prescription bottles of antidepressants on a shelf in my room. I wonder if I should start taking them. But the question is, is this depression? I'm always stressed at mid-terms. Culture shock is still an option. I'm happy sometimes. It's too bad there's no one here to tell me what to do ...

2 Comments:

At 5:54 PM, Blogger Fieldfleur said...

Sigh. I remember college/studies and deadlines being quite stress-invoking ... and that was even in Springfield in good ole America.

I'll be saying prayers for you to "plod on, plod on" w/o too much pain.

Teri

 
At 1:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

as i've been painfully reminded lately, remember that progress is never uphill... but a few steps forward, several steps back.

it doesn't FEEL like we're getting somewhere, but we are. You're making progress, Jen. Even in times of affliction. You're still blooming, you're still growing, you don't have to be able to see the good in the situations yet. Let Him lead you through the darkness.

Praying for you, love ya girl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!