Up/down
I'm learning more everyday that I am not cut out to live in a city. In some ways, this is a good revelation; it definitely confirms that I was right in deciding to switch majors. But it also makes life right now frustrating. I really do like London. It's beautiful, and so rich and full of history. Unfortunately, it, combined with class, is really stressing me out right now. I'm tired of these conflicting emotions. I'm getting worn out against my will. I've been having trouble sleeping basically since I got here a month ago (Wow! A month already.), which is worrisome for a multitude of reasons. A lot of you already know what they are. Lack of sleep + me = trouble. I'm still okay, but I can feel myself stretching. I can hear my thoughts changing direction. I can see myself losing interest in things. I realized for the first time last Sunday that depression, however slight, may be upon me. After that amazing day at the British library, I crashed. I went to church at 11, was really touched by the service, and started crying. That's fine; I've done that before. What was not fine was that I continued to cry, on and off, for the rest of the day. My emotions have been swirling madly since then. Blah. Laughter. Frustration. I went to Oxford on Saturday with a group of people I'd never met, which led to a very tumultuous day for me. I was near tears when we left. In the end, I did enjoy it immensely (more on that on my travel blog eventually), but I was worn out both physically and emotionally at the end of the day. I don't know how to tell if what I'm experiencing is culture shock, depression, or normal hormonal stuff.

1 Comments:
Someone over here (you can guess, I'm sure) is having a hard time with depression right now too.
Hang on.
Post a Comment
<< Home