My latest Midrash
And the Word was made flesh, and lived among us.
-- John 1:16
This, then, was the first miracle --
Not water to wine, but heaven to earth.
To see God live as a light among the lost
Was to see the eternal made ephemeral,
The divine made mortal. What seemed
Impossible occurred in those days,
And God walked among His people, though
They, in their fallen state, knew Him not.
He was their chance for grace, though they knew
This not. God once became flesh, lived and died
Among His people. And through this,the ultimate
Act of grace, the world came to life.
I'm looking for as many suggestions as possible for this poem. I really like the theme, but I'm a bit stuck on how to revise this. Thoughts? Comments? Do you see anything weird/unanswered questions/lousy language? Should I just try to address the theme in a longer poem?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home