Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Random bits of a spring day

ø As I walked back to my room today, I was overwhelmed by the desire to run through a sprinkler. Better yet, an open fire hydrant. Today was possibly the only opportunity I'll ever have to run through the water spurting at a ridiculous speed from a fire hydrant. A couple of firemen were on campus opening them. I'm really not sure why, but it was fun to watch. It was also fun to walk on the soaked sidewalks. It made my walk a little more exciting.

ø Those of you who know Scott Cairns' poetry will be pleased to hear that he won a Guggenheim Fellowship. He says he's going to use the money to visit an Orthodox monastery in Greece. Be sure to follow the link above; it has audio clips of him reading his poetry. The quality's not great, but it's better than nothing.

4 Comments:

At 7:31 PM, Blogger Claire Elizabeth said...

Ford, I'm so excited for you! I hope you can be more at peace with things now, and just be excited for London. Hooray!!

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger GrumpyTeacher1 said...

Please tell us that you ran through the water while you had the chance.

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Sorry, I didn't. It wasn't that warm. I actually don't know if I could have; the fireman might not have left me.

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Fieldfleur said...

Glad your imagination went wild through the water!

I'll bet you made the right decision for you ~~ practical or no, one must do what one must do. Anyway, anything can be turned into something practical too, I believe.

Praying for some serenity to float your way about this.

Teri

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!